My favourite comfort food....for breakfast as well as for dinner...so yum they are, with a little curd and pickle!!
For chapathi dough
Whole wheat atta - 3 cups
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1.5 cups
For Aloo masala
Boiled potatoes - 2 medium, peeled and mashed
Big onion - 1 big, chopped fine
Green chilly - 2, chopped fine
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece, chopped fine
Garlic - 1 clove, chopped fine
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup, chopped fine
Chillu powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt - as per taste
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - for smearing the aloo paratha
Mix all the ingredients and form a soft, smooth and pliable dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and let it rest for atleast 20 min.
1. Heat a kadai, and add the oil. When the oil is hot enough, add the chopped onions. Sprinkle some salt.
2. When the onions turn slight pinkish, add the ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute for couple of minutes. If adding chilli powder, add at this stage.
3. Now add the mashed potatoes and mix up well.
4. Sprinkle cumin powder, mix well and switch off the stove.
5. Add the chopped coriander leaves, and give a good mix.
Making the Aloo Paratha
1. Take a ball of dough, and flatten it in you palm using other hand.
2. Place a heaped tbsp full of aloo masala on this. Close it with the chapathi dough as shown in pic.
3. Now roll it out, as you would roll a chapathi, careful enough not to break it.
4. Heat a tawa, and when its hot, place the rolled out stuffed chapathi on it.
5. Add some ghee on the sides. When one side is done, turn it over and smear some ghee again so that there is enough ghee on both the sides.
6. Remove from tawa, when both the sides are done.
Enjoy with some curd and pickle.