"Good Bread is fundamentally the satisfying of all foods; and good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts."
There is something divine about the freshly baked bread! Can't decide if it's the whole process or the aroma that fills your house when the bread is baked that gives this special effect. And as someone said, you need to be blessed to taste a freshly baked bread, right out of the oven..it tastes soo good. So please hurry up...put on your apron and start kneading...and feel blessed!!
Ingredients (yield - around 15 buns)
All Purpose flour - 4 cups
Instant yeast - 2 tsp
Warm milk - 1 cup (temperature should be around 105F)
Sugar - 2 tsp
Eggs - 2
Butter - 4 tbsp + 1 tsp for brushing the bungs
Salt - 1 tsp (avoid salt if using salted butter)
Half of an egg - for egg wash
1. In a (food processor) bowl, mix the yeast, sugar and warm milk. Mix lightly and allow to rest for 10 min till the mixture becomes frothy.
2. Attach dough hook to the processor. Lightly beat the eggs and add to yeast mixture, mix well.
3. Now with the processor on (speed 2, medium), start adding the flour 1cup at a time.
4. Keep kneading for atleast 5 minutes until all flour is incorported in, Towards the end add the butter (at room temp) and knead for another 5 minutes.
5. Lightly coat the dough ball with butter/oil and cover the bowl with a wet cloth and keep it undisturbed for 1 hr till the dough doubles in size. (In winter season you'll need more time)
6. Punch down the dough (to remove all the built up air) and again keep it aside for 10 minutes.
7. Take small ball-sized dough, gently roll and place on a greased baking tray. Cover with a wet tea-towel and keep aside for another 30 min.
8. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 200deg
9. Lightly beat an egg (you'll need only half of an egg) and dilute with 2 tbsp of water. After 30 min, dip a pastry brush in egg mixture and gently coat the top of buns. Place the buns in the top second rack of the oven and bake for about 15 min. After that take out the tray (the crust may look slightly hard at this stage, thats normal) and immediately brush the top of buns with butter
Thats it...just bite into it..and feel the heaven on your tongue...bliss!!