I am sure you haven't heard about it before; because this is something which I whipped up yesterday when I had only brocoli, greenpeas & carrots left in my fridge. But trust me, they were tasty and it made a great burger too.
Brocoli - 1 medium, cut into florets
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Carrot - half of one
Onion - 1 small
Garlic - 1 clove
Ginger - half inch piece
Green chilly - 2 (as per your spice level)
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Boiled potato - 1 medium
Pepper powder - 1 tsp (optional)
Egg - 1 or maida mixed with some water
1. Clean, cut all veggies and keep everything ready.
2. Pulse the onion, ginger, garlic, green chilly in the food processor for 2 seconds.
3. Heat a kadai, add oil. When its hot, add the chopped onion mixture into it. Sprinkle some salt too.
4. Next pulse the brocoli and greenpeas too.
5. Transfer this mixture also to the kadai. Saute them for 3-4 minutes till they are cooked. Do a taste test and add salt as needed. Sprinkle some pepper powder too (my chillies weren't hot enough).
6. Switch off the stove and add the mashed potatoes. Wait till the mixture cools down.
7. Shape them into patties.
8. Dip them in egg and coat with bread crumbs. They are ready to be freezed now.
9. Or deep fry them in oil. You can also grease a non-stick pan with some oil and just cook both sides till brown.
10. Enjoy them in a burger bun or with some ketchup