Monday, November 25, 2013

Hot Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Though I have made quite a few cakes, this is the first time I am making brownies. I got a recipe from the net and thought of giving a try...I am no big chocolate fan! So even after I made this, I wasn't too excited. I just had a small piece of it, while it was still warm, had it along with some store-bought ice-cream and a quickly made chocolate sauce. It was good, but tooo chocolaty for me!! But my son (food-lover) and daughter (fussy-eater) came back for a second helping. Then again for a third one...now I am getting to be little surprised and excited...Is it that good?? When they came for the fourth, I scolded them and had to hide the tray on the top of fridge!



Next was my husband's turn. When he came back from office, I happily gave him a piece. "It's too good!" was his verdict. When I was giving bath to kids, I heard him ask where the tray was kept. I replied, and got on with my chores. It was the next day I checked the tray...GOSH...half is already gone!! No wonder he didn't eat much for dinner...

Hmm...Now I need to be careful. We had a little friend visiting us. When she was leaving, I packed half of the remaining half for her (I am making sure that my men and the little lady will have only little to eat). I checked the tray before going to  bed, there is still 1/4th left. The next day morning I got a call from one of our friends, that his family along with his parents are visiting us, in another half an hour. I quickly checked what I could serve them, and had yesterday's image of a quarter tray of brownies left. And this little girl (who is going to visit us) likes cup cakes, so I quickly got onto making some cup cakes. When they came, I happily gave them warm cupcakes first. Next I went onto take the brownies out...OMG..2 small (read Really Small) pieces and some crumbs left!! When did my hubby eat all these? Did he really get up from his sleep (after I slept) to eat these? so many unanswered questions...I was so ashamed to give them those, but was forced to as I didn't have anything else!! BUT WAS REALLY HAPPY TO SEE OUR FRIEND LICK THE TRAY CLEAN!

So, all the chocolate lovers out there....THIS IS THE PERFECT BROWNIE for you!! It's SINFULLY CHOCOLATY and ADDICTIVE. Do try it out yourself.




Ingredients

Unsalted butter - 150g
Bitter chocolate - 185g
All purpose flour - 85g
Cocoa powder - 40g
White chocolate - 50g
Milk chocolate - 50g
Eggs - 3
Powdered brown sugar - 275g
Cashew / walnuts chopped - 1/2 cup

Method

Cut butter into small chunks and put it in a steel vessel along with the chopped bitter chocolate. Melt both together till they are combined well either in microwave or over the stove. Stir well till they are thoroughly combined, take it off the stove and allow it to cool to room temperature.

Chop the white and milk chocolate to very small pieces and keep them aside.  (I used the Hershey's chocolate chips).

In an electric mixer, combine eggs and powdered sugar. Beat on maximum speed till you get a thick creamy consistency. Now pour the cooled chocolate + butter mixture into this, and gently fold in. Sift flour and cocoa together, mix in the nuts and gently fold these also into the mixture, a little at a time. Keep folding in till all are combined well. Finally stir in the milk and white chocolate chips.

Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees. Prepare a loose bottom rectangular tray and pour the prepared mixture into this. Place it in the oven and bake it for 30 - 40 min. Mine got done in just over 30 min, so keep checking after 30 min. It should be done if an inserted skewer comes out clean. e
The top of the brownie will look flaky with a thin papery crust. Take it out, let it cool and then slice. Enjoy with a scoop of ice-cream and chocolate sauce.




Recipe for chocolate sauce

Chocolate - 100g
Double cream - 100g

Boil both of them, till well combined.


No comments:

Post a Comment