Sunday, May 18, 2014

Barbie Doll cake

You might be wondering..where I went hiding for the past 2-3 weeks. I just started working again. So my daily cooking and all the experiments with food has come to a standstill. But last weekend, I had no choice but to get into the kitchen..it was my lil princess' bday and she had ordered a Barbie Doll cake way back in January when I was making birthday cake for my son. So there was no going back..I cannot disappoint her. I just had one day to make the cake, decorate it, make some party foodies like party sandwiches (recipe to follow), chicken roll, veg rolls, bruschettas, cupcakes etc etc...I was tired by end of the day..Nevertheless, a happy mom at the end of the day when I see my girl beam with pride, standing near her Barbie cake..



The cake is the simple "Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake, layered up with Hershey's chocolate sauce and topped with buttercream icing. The Barbie's top dress was made with fondant!



1 comment: